Frequently Asked Questions
What age group will I play in?
How are coaches and managers chosen?
- The coach and manager are usually team parents. Let the Secretary (Phillip Cambouris; firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you are interested in being a coach or manager.
When and where will teams train?
- This is at the discretion of the team coach. It is usually once a week at a time and place that suits most players.
Do we play Saturdays or Sundays?
- Junior Blasters, Master Blasters and Under 10’s usually play Saturdays, and Under 11’s through Under 16 / 17’s play Sundays. Most games are mornings but some will be afternoons, particularly in the u10 Competition
What are the game rules?
Can I play Master Blaster if I am only 6 years old?
- Yes, 6 year olds have played in Master Blasters as it is based more so on ability rather than age. If you haven’t played any form of cricket before, then you can also try Junior Blaster as a terrific way of starting off. You should discuss this with your parents.
Do I need to buy cricket gear?
- Each team has a kit with bats, pads and gloves as well as wicket-keeper gloves and pads. A helmet is also supplied. Wearing of helmets is mandatory in the majoirty of age groups.
- With regards to both the Junior Blaster and Master Blaster programs; all equipment and gear is provided by the club.